Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Week III of Advent - Monday, Dec 17

.

I'm posting yesterdays prayers late - been a crazy past week or so, plus I'm still stopped up from my cold.  Yes, I screwed up the Psalm antiphons.  I actually did look for the special antiphons, but somehow they eluded me.  Here are the correct ones:

Antiphon I - The Lord, the ruler over the kings of the earth, will come; blessed are they who are ready to go and welcome him.

Antiphon II - Sing a new song to the Lord; proclaim his praises to the ends of the earth.

Antiphon III - When the Son of Man comes to earth, do you think he will find faith in men's hearts?

Also, Monday began the 'O Antiphon' countdown.  For Dec 17th, the Gospel Antiphon is:
O Wisdom, O holy Word of God, you govern all creation with your strong yet tender care.  Come and show your people the way to salvation.

No comments: